13 June 2010

blue accents for summer






We live with a fairly white palette. I love our white slip-covered sofa, our two vintage slip-covered chairs, our shaggy off-white rug. I like our medium dark wood accents that work well with my (I use *my* here as no one else in this house shares me love of what is lovingly referred to as "chippy crap") vintage, chipped wood and industrial pieces. But every once in a while I am inspired to add a splash of color here and there.




I have been drawn to blues for as long as I can remember. Sometimes it is a french blue, sometimes, more of a robin's egg, and then a pale turquoise catches my eye.





Have a marvelous week mes amies~ It is our last week of school here on the farm, and then, summer break begins!!!

xx




all images found courtesy of Country Living

10 comments:

liza said...

White with hints or pops of color is always my favorite. These blues are very calming. Thank you for sharing!

Kasey said...

i love a good pop of color;-)
is grey a color?
xo

Cottage Dreamers said...

I love white with a little bit of blues too. Those pale blue dishes are beautiful!
☺ Celeste

Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

The colors are so perfect love all the pictures

Melanie said...

Love the photos.

Love the pop of blue.

and I Love the fact that summer is just around the corner!:-)

Privet and Holly said...

Funny, "bringing blue back" is my mantra this season! If asked what my favorite color is, it is always blue, yet it doesn't seem to pop up much in my home surroundings. Decided it's time to do something about THAT, so, like you, I'm reeling in some BLUE! Love those blue headboards.
xx Suzanne
PS: Received the pretties from your shop over the weekend!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

HI Kim
Well I'm definitely a blue lover... love that blue floor and the pale blue wash on the table... Enjoy your summer holidays... it's cold and chilly here! xx Julie

Dumbwit Tellher said...

So many beautiful images with faint colours of blue. I fight blue but in reality it is so lovely and so calming. Wishing you all a great last week of school. For next week, schools out for summer!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Blue is one of my favorites. (love it with lime green, white or yellow.)

"Chippy crap" made me smile.

jodih said...

yes....been on the blue page for a few years too...... "chippy crap" -love it.