09 June 2010

a winner and thinking about father's day~



So, first of all, we have a WINNER!!! I could not have been more excited when I pulled this name out as I truly adore this blogging friend!

Debra has a beautiful blog called Lifescapes and honestly, she truly does the sweetest pieces of art - a perfect illustration of one's life. LOVE them!



She is also one of those incredibly supportive friends that truly touches your heart and makes you feel like no matter how far away she is, she is right there for you to lean on. Sometimes blogging simply stuns me with the kindness it brings about~
Miss Debra, could you please send me your mailing address, s'il vous plait?







Secondly, I received an email this morning and while I have NEVER followed up on any sort of solicitation, something about this one made me smile. First of all, Father's Day is just around the corner and his post on ties touched home here on the farm. I found the post itself so creative, and the fact that he is a he - something you don't see as often as shes in my community of blogging - I thought it was important to encourage it. So, meet Matt. He has a blog about, well, neckties. It is interesting, it is amusing, and it is worth a stop by. Tell him I sent you if you leave a comment - I am sure he would love to hear from you!


I am off for a couple of days to see some of the loveliest ladies around. I will return with photos galore and some fabulous stories as well!
xx


10 comments:

Jeanne Henriques said...

Could not think of anyone more deserving than Debra...a special lady indeed! Love the tie concept, perfect timing.

jeanne :)

Debra said...

Well shucks darlin'- look here...I was just checking in with you and here I find I'm the winner of your fabulous giveaway!
I don't think you know that I have a real weakness for cupcakes- and yours are going to be much more figure-friendly! I am over-the-moon with excitement. Your sweet comments humble me-as I feel so blessed to have you to call my friend. Thanks you sweetheart. My address is coming your way.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Yeah for Deb! Simply adore her and all the sweetness she shares in this great wide world!

Olive said...

Good for Debra. Happy Cupcakes!

olive

Mikal said...

Thanks for the link to two great spots!

All the men in my life have worked in fields that do not allow ties... I LOVE to look at them when I'm shopping! Such rich colors and patterns...

Enjoy your time with friends,

Mikal

DustyLu said...

Congrats to the winner! I love father's day. Fun post! Can't wait to see what your up to. Lulu

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello

I have just discovered your lovely blog
Warm wishes
Isabelle x

Dana said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. It is so nice to "meet" you! I love your blog and will definitely be back.

Have a great weekend!!

~Dana

Privet and Holly said...

CONGRATS to Debra! Can't wait to pop over and check out her sweet art work. Will also look in on Matt's blog ~ COOL! xx Suzanne
PS: Happy Weekend--sounds like you are up to something special : )

EMANUELA PARADISO said...

Beautiful...this post and your blog!!!

Emanuela