04 June 2010

making my own happiness







So, the weather here has been anything but lovely lately - rain. rain. and more rain.
It is gray and wet and most often cold. So be it.





So, today I shall stop fighting the weather and begin finding positive things about it. Okay, maybe not positive things about the awful winter weather in June, but at least things that make me happy or inspired.





And it is Friday - I simply can not complain about Friday. So, here goes~





~ I love how much I can get done inside when it is not nice enough to be outside gardening. There is baking, and working on my website, and doing proper correspondence with actual stationary and handwritten letters.





~ I love being able to sit with #4, my little sidekick, and really participate in what he is doing (which, as of late, seems to be a LOT of lego xbox games!). I love making a leisurely lunch for the two of us, sitting with him at the table talking about whatever a four year old wants to talk about, and just enjoying his company.





~ I love catching up on movies that I have had in my "instant queue" and not feeling guilty that I should be doing something else because, quite honestly, everything else is DONE! There have been so many of these wet, cold, dark days and I have pretty much caught up on 90% of what I have ever had on my "to do" list...





I also love being inspired by photography - seeing as I am still on my never-ending search to find "me" though my own photography. All of the photos in this post were found here.





Speaking of photography, I have been working with my web designer and we are getting close to having my photography site complete. I am so excited to finally have it up and running. Now if only I could find my username and password for the account...





I hope you all have a marvelous weekend doing whatever you have planned. I wish all of my friends who are at Farm Chicks a wonderful time visiting and shopping, eating and drinking! I do wish I was there with you~

Bon Weekend mes amies,
xx

20 comments:

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

...a lovely list! You sound content and at peace...a good place to be! Looking forward to your photography site. Have a wonderful weekend!

Blondie's Journal said...

Such an inspiring post! I feel the same as you do on rainy days and it just doesn't pay to be disappointed, it's really another wonderful day {and as you mentioned...Friday!!}.

Have fun with #4!

xoxo
Janie

Mary said...

Beautiful post. Sounds like you have a lot of wonderful happy things to think about. I can't imagine having such a short to-do list! Enjoy it. Have a fabulous weekend!

Splenderosa said...

Lovely post. xx's

Nikki said...

The weather is glum for sure. I made the mistake of going to San Diego last weekend and seeing what it is like on the other side.

But your photos are lovely and I think I could feel the warmth of the sun in the first two!

Hearts Turned said...

What beautiful things you shared today--lots to love!

Hope your day continues to be wonderful...rain or not!

Julie

Barbara said...

Thank you for reminding me how to enjoy a rainy day...I have a real day off (no school, no work)I can sit and catch-up with blog friends, do a little freelance work, and not worry about things to do outside.
I've enjoyed reading your posts on your trip to France...beautiful photographs, BEAUTIFUL!
Take care,
Barbara

Privet and Holly said...

I LOVE your positive spin on the gloomy weather you've been experiencing. My mom sent me some pics the other day with the rain lasing the glass of the windows. I have to say, it DOES look very GREEN out there in Washington, so I guess that's another positive, right? Looking forward to seeing your new photography website....Guess you figured out what to do with all of the inspiration that you gleaned from your France trip, after all. Hooray! Here's to a sunny weekend!
xx Suzanne

vicki archer said...

Happy weekend Kimberly, xv.

Pamela Holderman said...

I so wanted to go to Farm Chicks too, but not to be. You are so right about getting stuff done during the inclement weather. I just panic that we might not get a summer. My one rose that tried to bloom has shriveled up, but sun tomorrow I think - so that means lots of yard work, but I will take it!

Laurie said...

Sadly, I am relating to the rainy weather!My house has never been so clean! Loved your post and the pics made me feel the summer sun. Have a great weekend...Laurie

Lori said...

I envy that you have 90% of your to do list done although I have been knocking things off mine. I have decided to forgo housework except the kitchen and bathrooms until the little reno project we have on the go is complete ~ so knowing my dear husband ~ the dust may still be on the furniture come August! The weather has been dreadful here this week too Kim ~ but we did get to see Mr. Sunshine today and I gave him a smile and a hug. I wish you the best week-end ever. xo

donna baker said...

The first and last photos take my breath away. Are they yours? Where in the world were they taken? Must be dreaming...

Stephanie said...

What a great post and gorgeous photos! I think I will go back and read it again! I especially loved the part about spending time with your sidekick!

paige said...

great post kim!
i love rainy days but it sounds like ya'll might just float away & THAT is too many rainy days for sure!
but great attitude for getting so much accomplished!
looking forward to your photography site, very cool!
xo

Kathy said...

I feel your pain neighbor...and I too was wondering what good comes out of rain....I don't have to water my plants everyday. Saw your picture of the macrons, my daughter-n-law and I tried to make them last weekend, a flop so we shall try again. I am afraid there are none like Laduree's though....did you have some while there?

Malvini FF said...

These pictures are gorgeous!!
The tree is sublime!

vx

Martha said...

just beautiful how you put making your own happiness...xo

MODERN Prairie Girl said...

inspiring post, my friend--hoping you are coming for sure on Thursday b/c I just want to see your face! Excited for your website--can't wait to see what you've come up with.

it's so funny--you spend so much time wondering what you will be and the rest of us just appreciate in huge amounts who you ARE.
oxoxoox
lara

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post, these pics are stunning!

Thank you for the inspiration.

Love,
Rosa