15 July 2010

a dream becomes reality here on the farm~






Yesterday was a gorgeous day here on the farm. #s 1-3 have been away all week which means I am in super-organize, clean, de-clutter, donate mode. I spent the day working on projects, as well as took the opportunity to do a couple of things that I have been wanting to do lately. Case in point - I hung my laundry on the line in the sunshine. It was glorious!

We also were home for the day in anticipation of the arrival of something we were oh so excited about... Isn't she lovely???

(the glare from the sun was awful but I had to take a photo of her first day!)


Our incredibly sweet friends - city dwellers that they are, had offered her to us as they were changing their fabulous rooftop terrace around in downtown Seattle. (Miss Annie wrote about it here)




I couldn't accept fast enough, as you know I have been dreaming of outdoor dining since my return from Chez French Family. She arrived in the afternoon and it took me about 18 seconds to set her up and then plan our first dinner outdoors. She is the absolutely perfect shade of gray and I absolutely adore the look of washed wood so I am nearly beside myself with giddiness at the photo opportunities!



This morning when we awoke to the sound of birds and the bright sunshine in the windows, I knew were we would be eating breakfast... It was the first time I had used my linens that I bought in France and they were perfect on her. She is currently sitting in our little patio right above the pond with the sound of the waterfall flowing in the background. She is next to the outdoor brick fireplace which is perfect for those evenings when we entertain at her and the evening becomes a bit cool.




And she is perfect for enjoying breakfast with your handsome husband or your little sidekick~




I couldn't be happier (I snuck out last night just before sunset to peek at her again) or more thankful to our wonderful friends for offering her to us. I promise that she will be very loved, and well used here on the farm. If you ever want to visit her, enjoy a lunch or dinner on her, or just sit over an afternoon lemonade, we would LOVE to have you!

merci! merci! merci!!!

xx


22 comments:

Jealous said...

She is gorgeous my friend just gorgeous!!!

Catherine said...

LOVE it! I am looking for something similar for our patio. The weathered gray is classic and beautiful. And your images are also absolutely beautiful.
Happy outdoor dining!!!!
Trina

Tonya Gunn said...

Oh how wonderful! We need to stop free ranging our chickens in order to enjoy outdoor dining again.
Warm wishes, Tonya

Simply LKJ said...

Oh wow! Beautiful. I can just picture a warm fall tablescape with pumpkins and cider already...yes, it's been tooooo hot here lately. I'm ready for fall. LOL

Kacey said...

Sounds like perfection!

september cottage said...

OHH - she is simply beautiful (and LOVE the fact the she is a she!!).

It is often ever so difficult to find the perfect things - one would think it is a simple affair to just go out and buy a patio table....well, so many of them are just not right - I am going through it an the moment. You are very lucky to have wonderful friends with a wonderful table!!

Enjoy plenty of wonderful hours and gorgeous meals with her!!!

Kind regards

Nicola (who has just come across you beautiful blog...)

Anonymous said...

Thats cool! Can't wait to try it

Riley

Olive said...

You are bringing your dreams to life. It is charming. ♦olive

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Nothing is more satisfying and says summer than breakfast, lunch and dinner outside on a gorgeous table! ENJOY!

Blondie's Journal said...

I love her!! She looks so pretty in every picture {love her dressed in your French linens}.

Wishing you many happy years together! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Jill said...

I have just come across your lovely blog, nothing better than a lovely table and chairs, french linen, sunshine, good food and family. Enjoy!
It all looks very inviting.
Jill

Anonymous said...

Lucky lucky lucky you are! Love it!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Oh, She is Beautiful! You are Lucky to have Her.Enjoy~Cheers Kim

Tara said...

sweet! thank you for introducing your generous friend Annie too...
your life seems so delicious...you can dream of France...i'll dream of a seattle area hobby farm OK?

kathi @ traybella said...

squeal!! she's beautiful! so glad your dream came true!
i just posted about my dream today too! come check it out.
kathi

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

I am so happy that you found the perfect outdoor dining furniture so you can start enjoying it now. What generous friends! And the style and comfort are perfect and shall be enjoyed for every single meal in the summer.I eat every meal on my veranda and summer wouldn't be the same with outdoor meals. And I bet you cook some good ones! Much love Xo

Anonymous said...

everything about this post is amazing to me. She is the perfect shade of grey! And you have linens from france! Now that is just dreamy. lucky girl!

Privet and Holly said...

Lucky duck!
"She" is absolutely
the perfect one
for you : )
ANYTHING will
look yummy on
that special
table!
Enjoy....
xx Suzanne

Seawashed said...

Oh she is divine. LUcky yOu!

Fabulously French said...

Just gorgeous and your breakfast pohotos are stunning Kimberly as per normal :-)

It has cooled off a bit here so it maybe a picnic tonight by the lake I hope.

A tres bientot,

Leeann x

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Very beautiful! I love eating outside and it sounds like you now have the ideal peaceful spot!

Hannah said...

Oh I love this!