27 July 2009

busy afternoon in the heat





Today was far more productive than I had anticipated it would be.  As we had heard it was going to be a hot one, I had not planned to do a lot  - certainly not anything that would require any physical output.  On days such as these, I tend to spend more time on my computer and less time working on projects or in the garden.  Today however I wasn't able to be on the computer as our internet (and phones for that matter) were out for much of the afternoon.  Thus, I was able to finish various odds and ends that had been calling to me for far too long.  One project that I had been working on quite a bit these past few days was working on my first set of necklaces.  As I hadn't made them for someone else before, I wasn't aware of how long it would take to make them look a bit nicer than mine ( more finish work was required for me to even consider sending them off to my beloved customers!).  That being said, after running out to one of my favorite ribbon stores to pick up just the right ribbon for them, I have completed the three, they are boxed up, and ready to go out.  They actually would have gone out today had I had access to my internet and the addresses of their destinations...  I can't wait to get them posted tomorrow!






I also want to introduce you to my new best friend today.  I had purchased this vintage fan a while back as I loved the color.  How was I to know that she would also work - and keep me cool on the hottest day so far this year!  Oh, how I love this little blue angel~

Have a lovely evening my friends,
xo

18 comments:

Jackie said...

They are beautiful! It was boiling hot here too - a slow lazy day. Your little fan is adorable!

Nora said...

Those necklaces are divine! The weather man said it's supposed to be 80 degrees at midnight...what the hay!?!?

Pat said...

Hello, read your blog all the time, it is just wonderful. I have to congratulate you on making the home page at Etsy! Your items are just beautiful. I bet you have tons of inquiries and will making a lot more. Take care.
Pat

mimi charmante said...

Pat - I had no idea! Thank you so much for telling me - how exciting!
xo

Alicia said...

So lovely...& all I did was clean out the pantry. I love your ebnd result far better than mine...& I'm anal.
Stay cool...

NicNacManiac said...

Gorgeous necklaces....the colors are so pretty!! Congrats on the Etsy homepage!!
Your fan will come in handy tonight if the heat does what they say!!
Sleep tight!!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

There are about to be some very happy recipients in this world - lovely necklaces!

Amanda said...

The necklaces are gorgeous! Good work! How much?

beachvintage.com said...

Beautiful necklaces. So very feminine.

Pony Girl said...

Those are amazing! You are so talented! I would love to have one of those. I would wear it dressed up, or with a simple white tank top and jeans! I will check out your Etsy page.

Home as Hobby said...

I absolutely adore your necklaces and your photos. I am anticipating buying a few little goodies for myself once I have put back a little play money. Thank you for your posts. They are very inspiring!

FEDERICA said...

I'm loving those necklaces! They're gorgeous!!!!!!!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Mimi.... you are so clever and so productive....you seem to fit so much into one day and in all that heat !!
I seem to wake up...do post...read everyone elses post.....comment on everyone elses posts and I look up and the day is half way through... this blogging has a lot to answer for !! XXXX

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Mimi. You are such a clever talent. These are gorgeous. Absolutely lovely. And congrats on the Etsy homepage.

littlebyrd said...

Beautiful!!! Your talent and creations amaze me.

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

So fabulous and unique. Love the understated, non-glitz look of this necklace. Love your fan and your photograph of it.

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Oh my gosh, I love that!!! How amazing would it look with even a simple t-shirt or cotton tank?! Great job!

paige said...

beautiful necklaces!!
i love your vintage fan. we have one sitting by our bedside that looks very simliar...i need the white noise ( is that what its called) to help me sleep!

big yay on etsy homepage too!!