05 July 2009

a day to relax


What a lovely morning it is.  The sun is out, but it is slightly veiled with some wispy clouds which will most likely keep the heat down.  There is a gentle breeze coming in the french doors to our bedroom.  The birds are singing their morning song which is the nicest way to start the day.  I am looking forward to this day and the peace and quiet it brings~




Yesterday was a marvelous day here on the farm.  After a busy Friday cleaning, tidying, painting, and building everything looked lovely.  The weather was beautiful, albeit a bit warm. The food was wonderful, colorful, tasty.  We had a mix of friends - people we have known only a short time, and people we have known for years and years.  It was a festive evening, but quiet.  I think that I felt the absence of the big boys which changed the mood for me.  I had a really nice time, but that youthful exuberance that comes with having silly teenage boys simply wasn't there.  I am thankful that the little boys were here as they had such fun running around through the guests, eating cupcakes and watermelon, and ooohing and aahhing at the firework display.  






I think that today might be a lovely day to take Frances and go on a photography hunt.  I haven't done it in a while and am feeling inspired to find some wonderful treasures through the viewfinder~

Have a lovely Sunday my friends,
xo





8 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, what a beautiful post, but then, they all are! love to come to visit your blog...

manon 21 said...

une belle journée surement!

manon

Kimberly said...

Sounds wonderful! We got some much needed rain this morning! :) KIM

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Lovely post.. I can feel the restful peace from here. Your boys are too cute!! Have a great day. Julie

FrenchBlue said...

Sounds so dreamy~ Your boys will be with you soon and then you will be complete again~ enjoy your quiet Sunday my friend~
xox's

Ciara Brehony said...

Looks like a lovely day was had! I think what I love the most about a party at home is the afterglow. It lasts for days. I can feel you basking!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Your sons are soooo cute!

Alicia said...

Those eyes just melt me...I wonder how often that face gets away with little misbehavings???
I'm so glad you had a wonderful time...the biggies will be back before you know it!!!