10 July 2009

Cafe Nouveau







Today was one of those unexpected days where you have one plan when you start your day, but then, through a turn of events, or circumstances, things go in a completely different direction.  It was also one of those days when I am once again reminded of how incredible my husband is, and how fortunate I am to be spending my days next to him. 

Today, spontaneously, my darling husband decided that he would take the day off to spend it with us.  While he does do this occasionally, it is still always a really sweet surprise when he does it.  As the big boys are still away for another two days, and today was the day that #3 spends with a neighbor boy who has a pool and is teaching him to swim, we took #2 and headed to my very favorite French cafe in West Seattle.  I don't think I can accurately and completely convey to you the authenticity of Cafe Nouveau.  It really is as close to Paris as I have found in the states thus far (but don't worry, I am always looking!).  The sandwiches are fantastic, the bakery is amazing (I find it difficult to leave without a pain au chocolat), and the lattes are smooth and velvety.  If only it was a bit closer...









15 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh that was lovely. I wish I could take photo's like you, I'm slightly hopeless in that area!

The Little Red Shop said...

Oh laaa! Thank you for the tip! I'm not a fan of the West Seattle bridge...but I'll get over it...!

: )

Julie M.

Unknown said...

your pictures are so divine- they have an ethereal quality to them that I love. So enjoy your blog..

Nina said...

Divine is the word! I´m absolutely hooked on yoiur blog;))

Anonymous said...

Wooooooow, like like like your blog!

Agneta from Sweden

FrenchBlue said...

Love your last photo! It is 1st Prize in any contest anywhere!
Have a fun weekend!!!
xox's

Unknown said...

whoaaaa.. it's a nice post!


xx

Brenda Pruitt said...

Hi, just found you through Drawn To The Sea. Love the look on the little ones face. Such intense thinking! So glad to have discovered you!
Brenda

Angela said...

I just discovered your blog today, and I love it. I also really like the picture you have up at the top of your blog, of the boat.

Judy said...

Wonderful photos!!

debra@dustjacket said...

Ooo just saw your lovely picture on my site ... Thank you!xxx

debra@dustjacket said...

... Me again, I'll be adding you to my blogroll.

Alicia said...

A bow to your hubby for spending a day with his family!! I love that type of no big deal stuff that really is the biggest deal ever!!!
Oh the pastries are a tidbit of heaven in your mouth. I swear I can smell them here down in the desert!!!

Jeanne Oliver said...

These are gorgeous photos!

Unknown said...

Hi :), thanks for visiting my site. Love this cafe, and I see they have my favorite snack: macaroons. I just have to get back to London soon so I can get myself a box. Beautiful website.