05 July 2009

fabulous find - Annie's on First

{I simply adore clocks and this one was no exception}


{I have also been enamored as of late with frogs}


{the little jar on the left is my newest white edition}


{this little garden cloche will be perfect in my entry garden!}



What a fun day #3 and I had!  We headed out this morning, cameras in hand, vintage shops on our agenda.  We decided that today was a Snohomish day, and, in hindsight, we were right.  We had a great time and came home with some pretty fabulous treasures!  The four photos above are what I brought home - #3 ended up with more than I had...

Among those treasures was the discovery of a store that had moved since the last time we had been in Snohomish and is now right on First Street.  Annie's on First is an absolutely marvelous treasure of a store - filled with so many fantastic finds!  #3 would have brought home a lot more than the five things that fit into his budget were he given the opportunity.  We spent quite a lot of time browsing as there were so many things to see and we had to go through the store a couple of times to make sure we didn't miss anything.  Annie was an absolute gem - friendly and so kind to a young man who was quick to explain how he and his mom like finding old things...  Oh, that boy is definitely mine!  











Annie has such a wonderful mix of vintage things, fun and funky jewelry, and creative creations like my garden cloche.  I honestly could have come home with a lot more (like a fabulous white wrought iron bed, if I could find someplace to put it - I just may be back Annie...).  I have a feeling that #3 and I will be back in Snohomish before long.  Probably just as soon as he has built his budget back up...

If you are in Snohomish, you really do need to make a stop to see Annie.  She can be found at 1122 First Street, Snohomish, WA.  Her number is 360-568-4242~

xo

11 comments:

Lori said...

what gorgeous finds! It is always fun to find something new on an excursion, isn't it!

gatherings home said...

Annie is the best!! Her store has always been a wonderful treasure of awesome finds. Thanks for sharing this place with your readers. She deserves it!!

Gigi Thibodeau said...

This looks like a fun and magical place. Wish I were near enough to pay it a visit! I love that garden cloche!

FrenchBlue said...

WOW! I want that Paris Hotel bottle!! What a fun post AND day!!!
Great finds too!
xo's

beachvintage.com said...

Wow, look like a great shop. Pity it is so far from me...great photographs.

Unknown said...

OH WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!Gorgeous post, I love everything!! xo

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love how you used the old hairbrush to hold your business card. Brilliance!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

I love the clock [and the camera] ... and then there is just more and more wonderful things to desire in this post ... So sad it is so far! Julie

Alicia said...

What a treasure to spend time with #3 this way!!! I love finding treasures on these trips so one glance can allow me & the kids to relive the fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the treasures you came home with, gorgeous! I was able to go thrifting yesterday by myself and it was so much fun, found some neat stuff for so little! I wish we lived closer so we could go together! Glad your son found some good treasures too! :)

krys kirkpatrick said...

I love the chicken wire cloche. I am in the process of re-inventing our laconner shop and one room is all about birds... my mind is spinning as to how chicken wire will fit in... thank-you for the inspiration.