31 October 2009

Finally, a Funky Junk Show post...


I don't know why it took me so. very. long. to get this post out. I had the photos edited the day after the show, but getting the post itself together just wasn't happening. Alas, as it was such a GREAT show, I definitely want to share these photos with you.

The show itself, organized and orchestrated by the very talented (and ambitious - a show of this size is nothing short of amazing) Funky Junk Sisters. They were so kind to let me in early on Friday evening so that I could get some photos before the flood gates opened and all of those incredibly excited shoppers hit the booths. The darling miss Dixie was at the door when I arrived with my dear friend Tiffany of Shabby Scraps. I didn't get the chance to meet sister Linda but look forward to doing so in the near future.

The show itself is a collection, and a large collection at that, of vendors from the pacific northwest. There was a wide variety of eclectic items, vintage goods, beautiful creations, and all around sparkly goodness. There were endless treasures and I didn't go home with nearly enough (in my opinion - my husband would disagree...).

If you do get a chance to go to a Funky Junk Sisters show, I highly recommend that you do. We simply don't have enough of these sorts of shows in the pacific northwest. I love the idea of re-purposing items rather than running out to the local Ikea whenever possible. Supporting shows like this enables them to grow and the growth of this particular industry is something I can really get behind.

So, without further ado, the photos~


































Thanks to the following vendors for generously letting me take photos of their beautiful booths

Todays Country Store











And the following vendors who don't have blogs or websites~
Victoria Gifts & Home Decor
Loretta Morgan - Ribbon Art and Fine Gifts
Bentham Green Studio
Pickle Patch Originals

If you see something from your booth and I didn't include your link, please send me an email as I wasn't able to get cards from every vendor~

38 comments:

AuroraSuzette said...

See! This is why I gave you a shout out on my FJS blog, oh, a little while ago! Awesome photos, Kim.

Sammy Girl said...

Thanks so much for sharing! We also had fun friday night. Soooo MANY goodies! Too much to see in one night, but we did our best! And came home with a "few", lol!
Hugs
Betty :)

Mary said...

Looks fabulous...I think I just might book a flight to the Pacific Northwest sometime...you have so many awesome events in your area! Looks like it would be so worth the trip! Thanks for sharing! ~mary~

Florence said...

Great photos, I wish I could have gone, darn. Florence

Laurie said...

Beautiful pics! Makes me feel as if I had actually been there, so, so, pretty... Laurie

Kimberly said...

Your pictures are stunning!! I don't know which would be my favorite. This does look like a fabulous show. I wish we had it here!! Just beautiful!
xxxx kim

Lori said...

Kim ~ you truly have a very good relationship with Francis ~ you are the best team ever and I know you cherish her! The pictures are stunning ~ they really are. xo

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous! What a wonderful event!!! You take such lovely photos, thank you! :)

The Little Red Shop said...

I love the glittery little house in the first picture...I have a thing for little glittery houses! I keep aiming to go to the show..but I keep missing. I'm glad that you had a beautiful time. Thank you for sharing the lovely pictures.

: )

Julie M.

Gypsy Purple said...

Beautiful pics!!!

Suzan said...

I just LOVE you pictures! Adorable!!

Simplement ... said...

Délicieuses et tendres photos !
De quoi faire un peu oublier la grisaille du temps !
Belle journée.
Marie-Ange

vicki archer said...

Heavenly shots Kimberly...xv

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Kim, it looks like an amazing show and your photos are fabulous!

Queen B. said...

simply perfect photos...............makes me wanna *shop*

Ange said...

Oh dear -I picked up a lot of those vintage game pieces that my mess monsters have strewn all over the lawn by their cubby house... I'd better go rescue them! Your photos are delicious! Wish I could've been at the show! A
PS pop over to my blog and go to Thurdsay's post - I have a little giveaway riddle going that ends tonight...

Drawn to The Sea said...

To be able to part with so much beauty, have it come & go in one's life... imagine what wondrous things must be waiting at home!

I find myself staring into your photos, Miss Mimi, studying the light. You really are amazing.

Peaceful day,
~Julia

shabbyscraps said...

i lved being able to see you at the show again kim! thank yo fo rthe wonderful bread, and your support!
xoxo, Tifffany

Jboo said...

Wow! What beautiful images! Wish I lived close enough to attend!

Have a great week!

Janet

Shell said...

What wonderful photos!!

And I noticed that pin cushion in the second pic and thought why didn't I buy THAT??

Thanks for sharing!!

Shell

FrenchBlue said...

Just like shopping with you! Great photos! You make every item look irresistable my sweet friend!
xox's
p.s. I may swipe the ribbons from you...

jules said...

WOW!!!! just wanted to jump into the picture and shop....thanks for sharing, jules

Barbara said...

Love, Love, Love all of them Kim!
And you are the winner of the cookbook on my blog!
send me your info at
bahalstead@msn.com and I'll send you your new cookies cookbook.
Take care,
Barbara

Leen said...

Wow, your photos are so amazing. Love them :)

I would love to go to a Funky Junk Show!

Amy'svintagecottage said...

Hi Kimberley! Beautiful pictures!I am so glad you enjoyed the show, it is a GREAT thing for us to have a show like this in our area!
Thank you for featuring some of our "junk". I will be sure to get your blog linked!
Amy
Todays country store

Funky Junk Sisters said...

Kim,
I wish I would have met you! Love this post, your pics are wonderful. Do you mind if I repost this to our blog? We hope you will visit us again in May!

Linda
Funky Junk Sister #2

Janean said...

FAB! oooooohhh, now i've got to try to go to sleep after taking in all that eye candy! i'm hyper! LOL.

Amber Strehle said...

great pic's of a great show!!

manon 21 said...

fantastique ces images!

bonne semaine

manon

Ormolulu said...

Your gorgeous photos are making their rounds, Kim . . . check out FRENCH BLUE, and you will see "our" rosette prize ribbons (I sold them at the first Funky Junk Sisters Show to Miss Tiffany). How exciting and fulfilling it is to share in a common bond--can't get enough of the beauty you express in your photos!

Debi

Phyllis @Around the House said...

I love your beautiful pictures, it felt like I was right there and could touch the things, so french so fun, I( am a new follower and I will return, come for a visit

karey m. said...

how do you not buy EVERYTHING?

really. how?

MODERN Prairie Girl said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!

Je suis tres triste! :(

When is their next one? Any idea?

So great to chat with you today--bright spot in my day. I do believe we are growing into full-fledged thinking adult women who know what we want out of life...this is good at almost 40, no?
oxox
L

elizabeth said...

I just came upon your post and loved all the treasures you found. I'm especially interested in the horse ribbons and was wondering where and who I might
contact to find out more about them.

Great find....
thanks for sharing.
Elizabeth

Philigry said...

that looks so awesome! it gets me in the christmas mood!

Vintage Blue Studio said...

That was quite the visual feast for my eyes!

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

....and I just read on the FJS blog that PORCH magazine is, indeed, going to run the story. Congratulations, missy! ;0)

Bella said...

thank you for including me ;) I saw the photo from Porch Magazine~ Beautiful photos!!

Can't wait for the next FJ show in May!!! xo!!