17 September 2009

dinner this evening


Dinner this evening is another rather simple one~ I had purchased some stew meat from Bill the Butcher earlier this week as I had potatoes and carrots in the garden to use. I knew that today would be a busy one so I wanted something that could slow cook through the day and would be ready in time for dinner. Thus, between getting boys off to school I threw meat, onions, garlic, herbs, carrots, and potatoes, along with salt, pepper, and some water into my wonderful le creuset and set the oven nice and low. The house smells wonderful and as soon as my biscuits are finished I will call all the boys in ( my handsome husband is away in Japan but my brother and his friend are here for dinner) to eat. It is a gorgeous yet not overly warm evening so they are all sitting out by the bonfire visiting and, I suspect, eating s'mores... :)

xx

9 comments:

The Little Red Shop said...

Isn't it a beautiful day!!!? Have a lovely dinner.

: )

Julie M.

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Mmm, that looks so good. Once the weather cools down a little more here I'll have to make that for dinner.

Chemin des Muguets said...

Bill the Butcher must be a real treasure. Enjoy your meal-it looks yummy!

Marjorie

Maisy said...

that looks sooo good. save some leftovers for me. is that a rachel ray pan???

Shannan Martin said...

I'm a big fan of stew. Yummy.

jules said...

okay, cook book please! you really are setting the bar so high for us that are a bit challenged. Please bring us along. My "beautiful" husband and I went out for dinner since the boys were away at a school retreat. However, back to cooking tomorrow, and let me tell you, they love to eat. This means I have to get better. HELP ME. I love to prepare a meal where my guys are all telling me how yummy their dinner is. yours, Jules

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

That looks delicious..and I am sure enjoyed by all!

Morgane said...

I have one le creuset : the best invention ever to cook slowly and to succeed in every meal you prepare : i love cooking in it !
Your meal sounds good : i can smell it here in France lol

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Nothing say good Mom more than a slow beef stew with biscuits. Have a great weekend.