24 September 2009

a few photos of chez taylor~


I have wanted to do a bit of a home tour for some time now. There are so many things I absolutely love about our home.


There are also many places that I know need something - what that is I am not sure, but they are simply lacking. As our home is always a work in progress, I am okay with that. But I wanted to share the places that speak to me, the places that reflect who we are as a family, or who I am as a girl living in a house full of boys. (that was inserted specifically for my family members, who would surely read this paragraph and shriek - "this is NOT our style - we would vote for new! color! modern!!!".


Alas, being the only girl has its perks...




So let's start outside~






I will do a proper outdoor property tour sometime soon. We have a fabulous property with such incredible potential. We have done so much in the past six years, and have dreams of what we would like to do in the future~


We then have the entry~






The dining area - part of one very large living space on the main floor which includes dining, living, and cooking.







The living room, with some of my collections, and a lot of linen~















~la tour eiffel my handsome husband built for me out of legos




~we have started putting out some of our Halloween decorations




The kitchen is my favorite room in the house!






















The main floor bath~





Our master suite - definitely in need of some TLC...





And the master bath~











25 comments:

Alicia said...

Ethereal bliss Kim. I swear one day I'm going to hop in the car head north & land on your doorstep if only to lay on the settee outdoors & chat for a spell.
Hope the Moroccan acorn squash recipe will surface here on the blog too.

MODERN Prairie Girl said...

Drool, drool, drool!!! Simply lovely, Miss K...I wanna see in person. Did Will flip is lid when he saw what you've done to the place?!

The K/M logo is fab, btw. Perfecto...better than "Madonna" teehee
:)
ox
L

Jackie said...

What a beautiful home! I love it!

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh I totally adore your home. I'm so impressed with your photography, ah if only I could use a camera with a bit of skill!!
xoxo

a.love said...

I don't see a single photo that makes me think "room for improvement"! In fact, I want to print all of them and put them in my DREAM book!! Your blue bathroom - kitchen!! --the details!!! I'm so inspired!!

Jeanne Oliver said...

Your home is fabulous!!!! I want to come and stay at chez taylor!!! That kitchen....the dining room. Love it all Kimberly. Your taste is exquisite!!!!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

You and your family have made yourselves a beautiful home, Kimberly.It is simple and stylish with many homely touches.I love the coat hooks, the dining area and that wonderful Eiffel Tower, built out of Lego by your husband....it's brilliant, tell him. Our homes are ongoing projects and are never really finished. Yours is charming. XXXX

paige said...

perfection...

sigh.........

Anne Marie said...

wow! awesome images of your home- great photographer!!

since I don't see any 'mess' I'll assume the kids were staying outside ;)

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Everything so soothing and lovely. Anf the eiffel tower.......how romantic.

Drawn to The Sea said...

Dreamy images... I can see you floating around, placing blooms in vases. Your home is so lovely.

Peace
~Julia

Donna said...

Just beautiful!!! A breath of fresh air, I love it! Well done :)

Anonymous said...

KIMBERLY!!!!!!!! are you kidding me...love love love your kitchen, love your dining table, love the bathroom...and your little odds and ends...ok, what am I saying I love it all...can I come up for a visit soon just to sit in your amazing house with my feet crossed (no shoes of course) on your couch hugging that little 5 pillow...and drinking tea, nah wine with you...don't worry I won't spill a drop! :) XO

AppaloosaMoon said...

...sheer...utter...BLISS...

Shannan Martin said...

Love every single photo! And that kitchen is Drop.Dead.Fred.

Jboo said...

Oh my -- what a beautiful home -- thanks so much for the tour! May I ask -- what color paint was used in your kitchen on the cabinets, if you know? I have that project coming up and am so unsure about what color white??

Have a wonderful relaxing weekend!
Janet

Michelle Hughes said...

your home is so beautiful! Wonderful work in progress!

SMiles!
Michelle

Chez Zizi said...

BEAUTIFUL. I love your home and cannot believe 4 boys live there.
xoxoZizette

Jen said...

Each detail is perfection. Beautiful.

Janna said...

GORGEOUS!!!

prashant said...

Oh I totally adore your home. I'm so impressed with your photography.


Make website india

Twig said...

Your house is such an inspiration! And I'm so excited someone else has a Gus boxer. We have a Lucy boxer now too...and I don't think I'll ever have another breed of dog. The absolute best I've ever had. I'm so glad I found your blog! You'll have to send me a pic of your Gus-Gus :) Take care, have an amazing weekend!!

-- Jana

AppaloosaMoon said...

...oh beautiful work...& i love your vintage cameras...have you thought about using them for...TtV photography...it's very different, fun & addicting...your cameras a perfect for it...& i'd loVE to see YOUR view on life...

Barn House said...

Absolutely beautiful...can't wait to ambush the Taylor Familia soon! :o)

jules said...

your home is amazing. thanks for sharing.