11 June 2009

The Grand Finale! (last post - I promise!)

If ever there was a perfect ending to a near perfect weekend, the Barn House Party was it~ From the fact that they thought of Every. Single. Tiny. Detail. to the incredible food, to the darling venue, not to mention the best company a girl could ask for~

I realized when doing this post that for the most part, I am a people photographer.  I just read darling Tara's post and she has the most divine photos of the party itself.  You really need to head over there and I promise you, you will feel like you were there!


We were greeted with these fabulous snow cone cups of peanuts, as well as souvenir books that had been made from the fronts and backs of old books.  We used them throughout the night to sign each other's with our names and contact information.  It was almost like we were back in high school, or summer camp perhaps, and the notes got a bit silly  (but at least I know who to "call for a good time"...).




(I will be attempting to spread the barn house boys photos apart so that it doesn't appear that I have a crush on them.  Because I don't.  That is not the reason I took so many photos of them.  I certainly do not.  Have a crush on them that is...)



I clearly dressed for the occasion - complete with large, floral head piece.  I bought this at the show from Cindy, and although anyone who knows me knows I would never buy something like this, I absolutely loved it!  You really can't get more girly than this and lord knows I am forever attempting to find my inner "girly"...




When we arrived, there was a band playing, which just added to the festive energy in the air~





The venue itself - Chaps - was absolutely divine!  If you are ever in Spokane, you really need to go.  It not only has fabulous food, but the decor is so completely up my alley, and I could have spent a lot more time taking photos of it (were I not so anxious to get out there and spend time with such fabulous new friends!).




~why yes, the kitchen is indeed pink!



~Kasey found herself a mini-pink kitchen to play in~










~yes, this is a photo of a bathroom, but a cool bathroom, don't you think?



So we gathered outdoors, and spent time getting to know one another, enjoying our cocktails and some fabulous food~













~what are the odds if I post enough photos of Kasey in this necklace, she will tell me where she got it...?







the king was such a trooper surrounded by so many women...





And did I mention the desserts?  There was a chocolate fountain with all sorts of goodies to dip into it, as well as s'mores around the campfire with the most delicious chocolates to choose from!







(how am I doing?  splitting them up nicely, don't you think?)



The sun went down, but no one really wanted to leave...




Look!  A photo of Sara!  I am not sure if she and Tiffany had met before or not...



Things got a bit silly...




And then it was time to say good-bye~

I will end with a photo of the Queen's shoes because really, what is a show without a photo of the Queens shoes...?





Until next year my friends~  I am already counting the days...

xo



29 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, 1st it seems like Cindy always has photos of the most amazing shoes! LOVE that! 2nd. It makes me sick to think I had a ticket to this lovely event and had to give it up! What an amazing time!!! slightly jealous...

Maisy said...

Awesome photos...AGAIN!!!
xoxo

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, it truly looks amazing -d'ya think I could come one year with you? Would travelling from England for it be a bit desperate?! Fabulous photos....and lovely girls.....and boys ;)
Simone :)
PS I love the headdress you bought - it suits your inner girly very well :)

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Great photos, thanks for sharing with us!
~Michelle

Jackie said...

Lovely Lovely photos (again) - I don't think I ever made it inside, which is obviously too bad since it's so cool!! Great party and you've captured it perfectly!!

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Somebody sure knows how to throw a party! Great photos too....and I love your hat, hope you are framing that pic!

Unknown said...

I just loved reading your posts and seeing the pics of your weekend! I love the girly headpiece...looks good on you!

Nancy

moa said...

..lovely photos!

hugs from moa

Kasey said...

of course.....
i will love vicariously thru you.....
xo

Queen of Tarte said...

I loved re-living the party with you!! Thank you for another shoe photo to add to the collection. May I put it on my blog?? I am now questioning my new haircut!! xo Cindy

Mason said...

I wish they did this more than once a year! I feel like I totally missed out! :)

Coleen said...

Thanks for posting the pic of me and my Motorcycle Man and Deb and Bob.....what a fun, fun time we all had!!! Cindy and the Boys and (Celeste?)threw a heck of a party!! The details were exquiste!!! I will be posting a darling photo of you in a few days!!!

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

Anonymous said...

Perfect!!! kimberly I just love this post, you got the best shots of the restaurant and LOVE cindy's shoes! I miss you more now...sniff sniff..and you had me laughing about the boys...small crush is ok, right? :)

shabbyscraps said...

Hi! I love the photo of you in the flower headpiece, it is darling, and it looked so good on you!! I also love the pic of you me and cindy being scandalous....as cindy would say! So fun! Send me a copy if you can please!
Have a great day...
xoxo, Tiffany

Kimberly said...

Wow, looks beyond fabulous!! I think I would have a crush on the BarnHouse Boys if I could ever get to that part of the world. I certainly have a crush on their and your blog. Great job!!! :) KIM

Jeanne Oliver said...

First of all...none of us have a crush on Jermonne and Joe...none of us! Secondly, those are some hot shoes Ms. Cindy! Great photos and it felt like I was right back there. If you give me enough money I will tell you where Kasey got her necklace....pull out the cash....

~ ennui ~ said...

I love every single image you've posted and the trip looked amazing. What a beautiful group of folks!

Maison Douce said...

Too much fun looking through your beautiful blog and see familiar faces!! I love that head piece on you, if there is a place where we can pull anything off, it is FC!! Great pictures!!!
Isabel

Sadie Olive said...

Fun! fun! :o) Great pictures!

FrenchBlue said...

I am in San Clemente~ Can I come next year please~~ this looks like way too much fun.. is it legal?...just kidding... thank for the source on your adorable new hat!
xo's

Unknown said...

I'm in love with your headpiece! Now I want one... :)

LuLu said...

Really no words for such a party but amazing.!!!!!
LuLu

Barn House said...

Kim, thank you so much for documenting our little party in such a beautiful way!! For some reason, it seems we (BH/Tarte) have drinks in our hands in every picture...which certainly must have been photo-shopped, right?? You and your crew of amazing young women brought something very special to our party and we are SO glad you all came. BUT, I must say, every single detail about that party came from the VERY TALENTED Celeste (Chaps). We met her at our opening in May, had a few conversations about the party, and she created magic beyond our wildest dreams!!! It was perfect in every way. OK...I might be leaving the longest comment ever...but y'all best be serious about the little competition we are going to have for The Flea (shhh, shhhh). You should have heard our crazy ideas (BH/Tarte)...you might just want to hire a carpenter for this one!! :o)

Alicia said...

First off the hat was fabulous & you in it was the epitome of the entire weekend: flirty fabulousness!!!!
I love your photos more, sorry tara but its true. You are not really a people photographer...you are a smiling, happy people photographer without the overposed look.
And the photos of the shoes...genius.

paige said...

wonderful photos --you look fabulous!
grand finale indeed
xo

Brandie said...

I just got done reading through your posts about Farm Chicks and I muct say, what a wonderful job you did of capturing everything. I am still completely bummed that I was unable to be there and meet some of the ladies that I have gotten to know through blog land but your posts made me feel like I was there for just a moment. I gasped when I saw the picture with all of the books on the shelf, heck I was oohing and aahhing over all of them! I will be counting down until next year and hording money to make sure that I come home with lots of treasures.

By the way, I just love your style. Pettiskirts and floral headbands are right up my alley;)

A Seaside House said...

Thanks for nice comment at my blog, your blog is lvely, wil son be back to visit again! Have a great weekend:)

Suzann said...

I LOVE these photos. And, to be honest, I think you are the ONLY one who has ever shown a photo of Sara. But, is she the blonde or brunette?
Goodness I hope you-all will let me tag along next year. I live pretty close to Kasey, so maybe, just maybe...
I'm just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love it all!! :) You were the best dressed girl at FC!

Smiles,
Teresa