13 June 2009

Saturday Inspiration


Yesterday, after spending some time with a friend, I discovered the joys of visiting "the garage sale".  I really had never done it before, not seriously anyway, and so when the call came to "get over here right away!" I thought that maybe it was worth a try.  I found all sorts of things that I couldn't leave without, and then, on my way home, #4 in tow, I found another at a house that I had ALWAYS wanted to get inside!  Oh the joy!

Today #3 and I are heading to a local flea market that I have never been to.  I am up bright and early in anticipation of our morning together, with hopes of finding even more treasures.  The photo above is from said friend's bathroom - something that I am quite certain she found at a garage sale.  She is good like that...

Have a fabulous Saturday and I wish for you the discovery of treasures of your own!
xo

11 comments:

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Have a great time at the flea! I hope you find lots of treasures.
~Michelle

koralee said...

What fun....glad you had some luck at those garage sales..i thought that is something i may to do this morning as well...the sun is shinning so thought that may be a good way to start my day!!

Kasey said...

let me tell ya...i love Friday mornings here....the yard sales are fabulous in the midwest.
p.s. thanks for locating my music walls.....

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful...good luck! :)

Christine--RHP said...

finding treasures at yard sales--soooo satisfying!! I've found more than a few in my day...

Joyce said...

Happy shopping and a golden weekend. xoxo

~ ennui ~ said...

Thursday, Friday and Saturday are big garage sale days around here and I love them. My daughter and I love to browse!
Have fun!!

Barn House said...

You girls are out of control! We are still recovering from Farm Chicks...well I am...Joe was so inspired he has been RE-painting and RE-decorating several rooms in our house. Not me...I am couch-bound for another day or so. lol

anythinggoeshere said...

You'll be hooked soon. I promise you!!!!!!!!

Alicia said...

How is this possible???
Okay tip number one & only one..
Mom & pop retitrees are the only way to go. Great stuff & frankly their prices generaly reflect another era. I worked for an antiques dealer for 9 years & my fabbest finds were the mom & pop sales!!!
Your images on Savannah are wonderful...especially for a supposed people photographer...your words. By the by what camera do you use. My lovely kitty knocked mine off the shelf!!!!! and now I need a new one.

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! Love that you are venturing into garage sales, I haven't really done that either...you are going to show us your finds right??? Hope you had a wonderful weekend!