The lovely Rebekah from Little Byrd Vintage has tagged me on Home Decorating Style: 5 always/nevers of your own taste~
1. a basic neutral palette to start with - linen/antique white/silver/dark wood.
2. I love photography - old cameras, old photos, new photos of those I love. We have photos all over the place and I love the look of mixing frames and old and new photos~
3. I love mixing whimsical things - these old asian pieces done totally with stamps, given to me when my grandparents passed away. The origami mobile was made my a very talented friend and I love how airy and free it feels~
4. We have a very open floor plan and I love it! Our home was built in 1928 and although it is a bit quirky, I am absolutely enamored with it. It has so much character, and the open floor plan allows our family to spend a lot of time together. We have one living space which includes our kitchen, dining area, living area, and breakfast nook (aka - my everything space). We do most everything in this area~
5. Tidiness. I am a bit compulsive - although not as bad as some people I know - but I do like tidiness. I really really dislike clutter!
1. I don't like formal spaces that sit most of the year and are used for "special occasions". Every occasion is special in my opinion and I like to enjoy even my better items as much as possible.
2. No boarders along the ceiling. We had this in our old house and I would not opt to put them in this house~
3. No matching furniture sets (I think Rebekah had this one). I like a mix and match living space - it has so much more character in my opinion.
4. No spaces that you worry about being in. I don't want my family or my guests to feel like they might wreck something if they sit in my home. Granted, no shoes on the couch, no grapejuice there either...
5. No grout on the counters. I only say this because we had it pre-renovation and I really had a difficult time keeping it looking nice.
I won't tag anyone specifically but would love to hear a few of your "dos" and "don'ts"!