09 June 2009

Meet some of the most {FABULOUS} ladies around~




I went back and forth on this post.  I wasn't sure if I should send out the entire play-by-play of the weekend, hour by hour, laugh by laugh.  But there was a marvelous group of women, whose blog links I will provide, and some of those women are incredible writers who will do a far better job than I in the writing department.  Thus, I think my post will be one of a visual nature...

As I took *SO* many photos, I thought I would break them down to a few posts.  Seeing as the most important part of the weekend in my opinion was the fact that I now have these new, incredible, marvelous, fantastic girlfriends, I want you to meet them (although you already know most of them...).



My roommates and road trip companions for the weekend were just fabulous!  Melaine of My Sweet Savannah was our official pilot and Trina, whose blog you will absolutely love (when she gets herself together and starts one that is!) was our entertainment.  I of course played the part of the co-pilot~







The darling Jen of Sanctuary Arts ~



I know I will use this term a lot - sorry - but this is Amy (who is so. darn. funny!) of The Maisy Report, and the ever royal Cindy - *the* Queen of Tarte~

You see, the King clearly adores her~




There was a LOT of this going on...




Miss Kasey of Lola B (who can also be seen in July's issue of Country Living!)
(as you can see, instant comfort within minutes...)



This is Jeanne - of Bushel and Peck fame.  She had me in tears, literally.  The girl is hysterical!  I already miss her~






This is Brooke and Rebekah, who are life-long friends and traveled together.  When I say they are FABULOUS, really, they are fabulous.


These two knew each other for five minutes and were already looking like they were going to cause trouble...


See what I mean???






The two absolutely wonderful Barn House Boys~
(lots more of them to come in the next few posts...)



Lovely miss Tara of Blondie ~n~ SC  at dinner with the ladies!


Beth and Heather were the first ladies that we ran into at the bar Friday evening~  
Beth has a lovely jewelry shop called Beth Quinn Designs, as well as a blog.



What fun we had that first night!  Have you met Jackie of Wren's Nest?  You really must!


And aside from the group photos, why do I have no photos of Sara???


As far as girl's weekends with near-strangers go, this one will be difficult to beat.  What an incredible group of ladies!  They all had a fabulous sense of humor and there was a feeling of "I've known you forever" the moment I met them.  

...to be continued...
xo




27 comments:

Kasey said...

so far.....you have the best farm chicks post!
i love that you did a whole post on the girls.
great photography as usual..
mwah!

Queen of Tarte said...

We have been talking about this group of girls all weekend. I had a fantastic time and am so happy I got to spend some time with you. Keep in touch...until next time...xoxo Cindy

Kristin said...

Love this! Isn't is amazing the friendships made through blogging. Glad you all had a blast!

georgia b. said...

looks like so much fun! how cool! it's fun to see the pictures of other bloggers i recognize. must be such a thrill to be a part of that.

Maisy said...

Wow...you got some great shots.
I am so happy I met you. I think you win the most darling award for the weekend. You have such a great spirit.
Till next year....

Jackie said...

Such a fun weekend - it was great meeting you! I love your style! You got some really great pictures!!

vicki archer said...

It looks like the best time ever...I love a girls get together and I shall enjoy checking out their blogs. xv (btw I linked to one of your posts today as I really thought it fab.)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am so jealous! Everyone but me went to Farm Chicks. I hosted my supper club last weekend and was gearing up for graduation this week and a house full of guests so I just couldn't go. Please keep posting picks, and next year I AM THERE!
Love Ya,
Amada

Jeanne Oliver said...

Isn't that the truth...it was so comfortable right away!!!! Your photos are amazing. I love the photos from the party! Melaine looks like a model in that first photo and Trina and her expressions are killing me over here. I told Kasey I was a little sad yesterday to have it all end. What an amazing weekend and I agree with you...the best part is truly all the amazing relationships that were made!

Lisa said...

WOW, WHAT DID I MISS OUT ON?!

HUGS FROM MAINE

Sadie Olive said...

lol... cute post! :o) Was I hiding from your camera?

Great shots though! I love tho one of Jen!

Free Art Printables said...

What great pictures! I actually like that picture of me! jen

paige said...

oh man...those are insanely fun!!!
what incredible friends!!
& i'm sending out a big YEE HAA to your super rowdy fun girlies too xo

Alicia said...

Farm Chicks need to go on the road a la Lilth Fair just so wondeful woman from all around the country get to share the fun & clicking.
I cant wait to see more!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So much fun!! This is a great first post, what else is there to come?? :) Had a lovely lovely weekend with you!

Coleen said...

great post and pictures!!! I have a real cute one of you that i will be posting later this week...i took it at the party when my hubs and I were sitting with Deb and Bob...so, its actually of you, Deb and Bob......

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun! As always, your pictures are great!

Nancy

FrenchBlue said...

Looks like you all were having too much fun! So did you all meet blogging? Where was this fabulous union of beauty??
xox's

Joyce said...

Oh my stars your weekend looked like a good time! Great photos too. Did you find any vintage treasures? xoxo

Suzann said...

Fantastic Photos. I love how everyone looks as though they are life-long friends in all these photos. The blogging world really is amazing.

Kimberly said...

Looks like an amazing time!!! I wish I was in that area. I think I might have to run away to get to the next show!! You are so lucky to have so much fun!! :) KIM

Julie said...

Great pics! It looks like it was so much fun! I think I keep saying that but it's so true! Love it!

FEDERICA said...

Looks like a wonderful day! You are all gorgeous!

Ciara Brehony said...

Looks like a FAB trip was had by all!

Thanks for such a wonderful list of links too!

shabbyscraps said...

How fun was that party! The BHB and the tartes along with celeste really outdid themselves!! It was so fun to meet you, and you looked darling! I would love to get the copies of the photos we took together when you have a chance!
have a great week!
xoxo,Tiffany

anythinggoeshere said...

What a great time! You have the best post I've seen. Thanks for all the great coverage and the incredible pictures. Happy Wednesday.

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

I still think Kasey needs to take our collaged Piano Bar home with her... they were made for each other!

Deb @ Retreat