13 January 2009

3/365




France.  The french countryside.  Brittany.  I could live here, truly I could~

Today, while meandering through one of my many french websites that I frequent, I happened upon this lovely home.  For sale no less.  29 acres, two lakes, two buildings, old, full of character, loaded with charm, did I mention old?  

I think that we all need dreams.  I certainly do~  Don't get me wrong, I love my 1928 farm house!  I love our property, our old barn, the gardens, the chickens, the view.  And if I am not going to live in the french countryside, then this is exactly where I want to be.  

But to wake up each morning here, the sound of birds, church bells in the distance.  A cup of cafe on the terrace, riding my bike into town to buy a baguette which I would carry home in my bicycle basket along with the wildflowers I picked, of course wearing a darling skirt and cute shoes.  Oh yes, I dream, I dream a lot of this place~

So, for now, I will try and take what I can from the french - their food, their gardens, their way of life, and I will try and make our little piece of heaven here in the states just a little more french.  

And I will keep taking those french lessons...  Just in case!

2 comments:

please sir said...

Wow that sure does sound amazing! TWO lakes...I'll take it!

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Oh wow. I'm right there with you. I could live like that in a heartbeat. I must know these french websites you're visiting!