15 January 2009

Our home, part 1: the main living space


I love our home.  I know that there are days when my husband wouldn't believe that.  I know he thinks that I would rather be living in France in the countryside somewhere.  And honestly, I might wish for that, some days.  But if I can't have the french countryside, then this is exactly where I want to be.  I feel so lucky that we found an old house - not an easy thing to do in this area.  Our house was built in 1928, renovated in the craftsman style in the 80s, and renovated again by us, at least partially, in 2007.  I *love love love* my kitchen - it is white and clean and big and has marble countertops and lots of cabinets and all my favorite tools.  I could spend all day here, whether it is reading cook books, baking, preparing a meal, or sitting at the counter on my computer.  I love that I can see outside in the large window at one end of the kitchen.  I also love that our main living space in one big room - a room where we eat, do homework, watch tv, work on our crafts, and just be a family.  We don't have any formal spaces in our home, but that suits us just fine~

I thought I would post a few photos that I took today.  I wanted to wait for a sunny day, as the house is so bright when the sun is out, but clearly I could be waiting for a very long time indeed.  Thus, my cloudy day photos...







5 comments:

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

I can see why you love it. Your kitchen is BEAUTIFUL.

Anonymous said...

i see know why you really love your house i wish i can go there?just kidding!!!
busby seo test

Christina said...

Your home looks wonderful!
Christina

Debra said...

Mimi- No wonder you love it- I love it too. It is so bright, cheery, and functional. At the same time it looks cozy and warm. Thank you for sharing your special spot.
Debra~

Joanie said...

Its beautiful. I love it! It looks like one of those picture you see in a catalog.