04 March 2009

Spelt Bread

I love recipes!  I love trying new things, especially things that are good and good for my family~  So when miss lovely over at the mammydiaries sent me this today, I became very excited.  One of my boys does much better without wheat and dairy, so this recipe will be great.  I can't wait to try it!  I am hoping she will post another fabulous recipe that uses spelt on her site soon~

Super Easy Yeasty Spelt Bread

375g of White Spelt Flour
375g Wholemeal Spelt Flour
25g Butter (softened a bit is easiest!) 
7 g (1/2 tablespoon ish) bread yeast
450 ml warm water


1. Mix and sift all dry ingredients.  

2. Add warm water bit by bit until you have a nice, moist  but not tooooooo wet, ball of kneadable dough. 

3.  Turn onto a well floured surface and knead well for 10 minutes by hand (I love this part! So relaxining!) If you grease your hands it's less messy to clean later. 

4. Shape your dough as needed and place into a greased bread pan.  Cover with greased cling film and place in a warm place to rise until it's doubled in size.  

5.  Remove cling film. Place in a preheated oven at 450 ish degrees, maybe a little less depending on how "hot" your oven is, and bake for 30 - 35 minutes till golden brown and hollow sounding when tapped:) 

Cool on a wire rack and then eat....yum!

No comments: